Statistics of Domestic Violence
- Every 9 seconds in the USA a Woman is assaulted or beaten.
- Domestic Violence is the leading cause of injury to women. Usually the abuse is by her boyfriend or husband or even a member of her family.
- Studies suggest that to 10 million children witness some form of Domestic Violence in some form.
- 92% of women surveyed listed Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault as their top concern.
- Every day in the USA more than three (3) women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends.
- Based on reports from 10 countries, 55%-95% of women who had been physically and mentally abused by their partners had never contacted non- government organizations, shelters, or the police for help. The women said they suffered in silence.
- 80% of women think emotional is worse than physical abuse, 20% felt physical abuse was worse than emotional according to 4191 votes.